We all know Black Angus burgers are some of the tastiest burgers you can make. But what if I tell you it doesn’t stop there? What if you can make Meatballs out of Black Angus meat, stuffed with bacon, cheese and jalapeno peppers. Now that will make you go crazy for a meatball.
- 1 kg black Angus shoulder
- 5 tbsp PitmasterX's classic bbq rub
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 20 pieces bacon slice
- 5 pieces jalapenos
- 400 grams Gouda cheese
- 2 pieces eggs
- 400 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp ground smoked white penja pepper
- 4 pieces white buns
- Grind down the kilo of black Angus shoulder and mix it with 4 tablespoons of PitmasterX classic BBQ rub and the breadcrumbs. Knead it until you end up with a smooth paste and set it in the fridge.
- Slice the bacon extremely fine and fry it until it’s crisp.
- Take the cap of the jalapenos, de-seed them and chop them fine.
- Shred 400 grams of young Gouda cheese and mix it with the jalapenos and the bacon. Save around 1/5 of the bacon for later.
- Shape the jalapeno bacon, cheese with your hands into round balls.
- Wrap the cheese in the minced meat from the fridge.
- Smoke these meatballs in your smoker at a temperature of around 140 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes. Depending on their size.
- In the meantime, make PitmasterX mayonnaise by mixing the eggs, oil, mustard and a tablespoon of pitmasterx’s classic BBQ rub.
- When the buns are done, serve them on a bun with mayonnaise and a sprinkle of jalapeno and bacon.
Calories: 2152kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 93gFat: 191gSaturated Fat: 49gPolyunsaturated Fat: 13gMonounsaturated Fat: 120gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 343mgSodium: 1868mgPotassium: 1255mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1284IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 793mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.