My butcher called me and told me about a steak that he had that you could cut with a fork. It wasn’t beef but bison. I had to try it.
Bison is very lean meat and is a lot sweeter than beef, for example. It also has some health benefits, so that’s another plus. I smoked it with a nice dry rub crust.
- Bison tenderloin
- Mild mustard
For the dry rub
- 1 part fluer de sell
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1/2 part onion powder
- 1/4 part garlic powder
- 1/4 part ground white pepper
- 1/2 part dried oregano
- Rub the meat with the mustard.
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle a heavy coating on all sides.
- Fire up your smoker to a temperature of about 135°C (275F). Put the rubbed steak on the grates, put a thermometer in and close the lid.
- Smoke the steak to a core temperature of 52°C (126F).
- Let it rest for a few minutes before you cut it.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.