My butcher called me and told me about a steak that he had that you could cut with a fork. It wasn’t beef but bison. I had to try it.Bison is very lean meat and is a lot sweeter than beef, for example. It also has some health benefits, so that’s another plus. I smoked it with a nice dry rub crust.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece bison tenderloin
- 1 tbsp mustard mild
- 1 part fleur de sel
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part ground white pepper
- ½ part oregano
- Rub the meat with the mustard.
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle a heavy coating on all sides.
- Fire up your smoker to a temperature of about 135°C/275°F. Put the rubbed steak on the grates, put a thermometer in and close the lid.
- Smoke the steak to a core temperature of 52°C/126°F.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before you cut it.
Calories: 388kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 73gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 312mgPotassium: 1154mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 138IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.