You want to cook something when friends come over and don’t want to serve the same chicken wings or nachos.This is the ultimate party snack to serve during a game or on movie nights. I made Thor’s hammer from a whole beef shank. It looks epic and tastes amazing.
- 1 piece whole beef shank
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 grams compound butter
- 1 part salt
- 1 part ground black pepper
- ½ part paprika powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part chili flakes
- French one-third of the bone and get rid of the silverskin. Then tie up the meat around the bone, so it stays together during the cook. Ask your butcher to do this if you don’t know how.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dry rub. Brush some olive oil on the meat and sprinkle a heavy layer of the dry rub on all sides.
- Fire up your smoker with an indirect temperature of 120ºC/248°F. Place the meat on the grates and close the lid.
- After 2 hours, you check if the meat has a good color, and the rub sticks to the meat. Then you take it out. Raise the temperature in the smoker to 160ºC/320°F.
- Wrap the beef shank in aluminium foil with the compound butter and place it back in the smoker. Stick the thermometer through the foil back in the meat.
- Now you cook the beef shank to a core temperature of 96ºC/204°F. Let it rest in the foil for half an hour or longer in a cooler.
- Serve it with nachos, salsa and guacamole as I do in the video.
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 6gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 275mgPotassium: 114mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 706IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.