There is nothing better than smoked chicken wings. I love the taste of barbecue and chicken but it’s difficult to get that crispy skin that you get when you deep-fry them.So why not get the best of both worlds. You’ll get that smoky barbecue flavor you love with the crispy texture you want.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 500 gram flour
- 1 part salt
- ¼ part fresh ground black pepper
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part onion powder
- ½ part paprika powder
- Fire up your grill with indirect heat of 150°C/300°F and some smoke wood. I use some whiskey barrel chips.
- Mix the BBQ rub and dust the chicken wings with it.
- Put the chicken wings on the grill on the cooler side and close the lid. Smoke them for half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Start your deep fryer and let it come to a temperature of 180°C/300°F.
- Put the flour in a wide and shallow bowl and press the wings in the flour to coat.
- Fry the chicken wings in the hot oil until crisp and golden brown.
Calories: 755kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 38gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 198mgPotassium: 345mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 199IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.