When my kids come home from school they are Hangry. It’s a dangerous situation where I have to keep control over the situation and the Classic Patty Melt is always the best solution for these dangerous kids. It’s convenient and super tasty but today i’ll show you my Smahed Deluxe Patty Melt.Just like the normal Patty Melt, the Smashed Deluxe version is easy to make but has just that little bit of extra spark that could bring glory to the patty melt once again.
- 200 grams quality ground beef
- 1 loaf casino bread ( white and square bread ) unsliced
- 1 white onion sliced in rings
- 50 grams young gouda cheese
- 100 grams butter
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped fine
- Grab a big bowl and put in all the ingredients from the garlic butter list. You may want to let the butter soften up a little bit before you put it into the bowl.
- Mix it together.
- Slice a whole white onion into rings
- Fire up the Moesta Bandit. Offcourse you can do this in a pan as well but i recommend a flat and big grilling surface that can get really hot. I prefer cast iron for these kind of cooks.
- Melt a lump of butter. Around 30 grams, and grill the onions on top of the butter untill they become soft.
- Slice of 2 slices of bread that are 2 times thicker than your usual slice of bread and cover them both on 1 side with your garlic butter.
- Toast your bread untill it turns golden brown.
- Create a nice and round bowl out of your quality beef and put it on top of the same area where you just toasted the bread.
- Press your patty down with a spatula. I'm using 2 spatula's for this; one for the patty surface and one more to push it. Make sure it become's bigger than the surface of your bread since the patty will shrink.
- Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Flip the patty when the patty lets loose and the other side has a dark brown caremelized surface.
- Put some gouda cheese on top and return the onions back to the grilling surface next to the patty melt to warm up again.
- You can use a bowl or a cheese steamer to melt the steam and when the cheese melts it's time to transfer those onions on top of the burger.
- Take the patty from the grill and place it on top of your bread and put the other slice of bread on top. There you go a super easy but yet delicious Deluxe Patty Melt.
Calories: 1552kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 69gFat: 125gSaturated Fat: 71gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 5gCholesterol: 444mgSodium: 2639mgPotassium: 1084mgFiber: 4gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3473IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 572mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!