Summertime is the perfect season to fire up the grill and enjoy some delicious burgers with family and friends. And what's better than a juicy and flavorful Smash Burger cooked on a BBQ? This classic American-style burger is made by smashing a ball of beef onto a hot griddle, creating a caramelized crust on the outside and a juicy and tender center. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make the perfect Smash Burger on a BBQ that will have your taste buds jumping for joy. So, let's get started!
- 1200 grams chuck steak ground
- Big Mac Sauce
- 30 grams fresh chives chopped
- 30 grams fresh parsley chopped
- 250 grams butter
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- 50 grams lettuce sliced
- 50 grams gouda cheese sliced
- 6 burger buns
- 1 white onion
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Cube up your fresh chuck steak with a sharp knife/
- Put it in the meat grinder twice to get a more smooth texture.
- Shape it into 12 seperate balls, around 100 grams each.
- Chop a bunch of parsley and chives and mix it together with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and wrap it in a small sheet of baking paper for easy storing.
- Coat a sliced onion in some all purpose flour.
- Fry the onion in sunflower oil at 180°C/355°F untill it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Fire up your grill. I'm using a Napoleon gas grill and i'm heating up my flat top griddle plate.
- Stick your Forged Flambadou in a pile of hot charcoal or a fire where it can become extremely hot.
- Toast your burger buns with some butter on the griddle plate.
- Start smashing your beef balls on the plate with the burger press.
- Let it sear for around 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the burger when you have a dark brown texture on the bottom and sear for another 2 minutes.
- Take out the hot flambadou, add a slice butter and let it melt inside the the flambadou.
- Let the melting butter drip onto the burgger patty.
- Put the cheese on top of the seared patty.
- Start building your burger with some of that Big Mac Sauce.
- Add some lettuce, put 3 slices of tomatoes on.
- Layer the the first patty on top along with the second patty with some sauce in between.
- Finish with the fried onion and smash the cap on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.