Every time I start the new year with new things to do and a couple of new year resolutions. Lose weight and barbecue more. These resolutions seem the opposite of each other, but I got it figured out.I’ve got the perfect recipe to start the new year, where I use the grill to its full potential. This is a fantastic skirt steak tortilla that’s big enough to get you filled up without too many calories.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece skirt steak
- 1 piece whole onion
- 2 pieces bell peppers
- 4 pieces flour tortillas
- 4 pieces whole tomatoes
- 3 pieces spring onion
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pieces jalapeno
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Dice fine the tomatoes, spring onions, garlic and jalapeño peppers. Do this in a bowl with the parsley and the lime juice. Mix this up and set it aside.
- Fire up the grill with a direct heat of about 150ºC/302°F. I placed a soapstone to char the vegetables without oil to save calories.
- Grill the skirt steak over direct heat while flipping it to a core temperature of 54ºC/129°F. Season it with salt and pepper and let it rest.
- Peel and slice the onion in rings and the bell peppers into strips. Char these on the soapstone. Do the same with the tortillas.
- Slice the skirt steak in strips and put a handful in a tortilla. Top it with the salsa and serve it with some lettuce, red onion and lime wedges.
Calories: 148kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 19gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 66mgPotassium: 312mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 132IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 18mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.