This is how you can make the most juicy, tender and delicious rib roast you’ve ever had.We use the holy triangle; butter, grills and human engineering to cook this rib roast to perfection.
- 5 spoons
- 1 part sea salt
- ½ part black pepper
- 1 part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part chili flakes
- Trim off the excess fat and the silver skin on the top.
- Remove the silver skin and fat of the bones, you can use a knife or a butchers hook.
- Tie it up with some butchers rope (start with tie-in a knot on the first bone and wrap it around the roast from the back to the front, repeat that until you reach the end secure it and you are ready for seasoning.
- Mix the ingredients for the rub together and sprinkle it over the rib roast, make sure it’s well coated.
- Now it’s time to prepare the rib roast for a self basting session, first see if it’s fits in your barbecue if not you must cut the bones off with a saw.
- Stick the spoons along the bones and secure the rib roast it into the rotisserie check if the rib roast can turn freely and place a tray under it.
- You can higher the tray if you think the spoons won’t pick up the butter.
- Add butter onto the tray and let it melt. (turn all the burners on, on low heat so it can melt)
- If the butter is melted, turn all the burners off except the side burners and the back burner.
- Add some dried parsley and dried oregano to add some extra flavor.
- If you have a wireless thermometer, stick it in thickest past so you can cook it to perfection.
- If you don’t have a wireless thermometer, check regularly with a regular thermometer.
- When the temperature hits 52°C/125°F your self basting rib roast is done.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes and then it’s time to enjoy!
Calories: 2kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 98mgPotassium: 6mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 19IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.