Tri tip has been a tough cookie to crack in the BBQ world. It has never seen the praise it should have but i'm here to change your mind.With a beautifull veggie side dish these Tri-tip steaks are going to blow away the picanha forever.
- 1,2 KG Tri-tip
Blistered bellpepper side dish
- 3 Bell peppers chopped
- 3 White onions chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh parsley
- 5 Cloves of garlic peeled
- Start by seperating the three different directions of the tri-tip by making 2 clean cuts and then slice it into steak medaillons against the grain.
- Start up the Kamado Joe with 3 fire starters
- Set your grillgrate in on the lowest position possible and heat up the Cast iron Skottsberg Skillet.
- In the meantime start slicing up 3 bellpeppers, 3 white onions, a handfull of parsley and peel 5 gloves of garlic.
- let 1/2 tablespoon of beeftallow melt in the pan and add the bellpeppers and onion so they can get a little bit of char.
- Then put in the garlic and the parsley and stir it untill everything turns soft so you can use a pinch of finishing salt to pop the flavours.
- Now place you Steak medaillons straight on that same grillgrate as well and sear them of on a blistering high temperature untill they reach a temperature of 54 degrees celcius.
- Let the medaillons rest along with a pinch of Fleur de Sel finishing salt and enjoy your powerfull steak dish!
Serving: 400gCalories: 574kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 64gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 168mgPotassium: 1384mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 3843IUVitamin C: 157mgCalcium: 116mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.