Normally i like my steak the purist way; Salt and maybe a little bit of pepper on top after the cook. But sometimes i like to go a little overboard as well. Get some Colourful delicious flavors on your dish and be amazed by it.This Rib-eye is complimented by an amazing Whiskey Onion topping that you will keep on making.
- Masterbuilt gravity fed smoker
- BBQ Torch
- 2 300 gram Rib-Eye Steaks
- 200 ml Whiskey
- 1 tbsp Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Paprika powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp Garlic powder
Whiskey Onion Topping
- 250 grams Bacon
- 8 Red Onions Sliced
- 100 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Create the steak rub by mixing all the above mentioned Rub ingredients.
- Apply it to your steaks without an adhesive.
- Start up your gravity fed Masterbuilt smoker and set it to a direct cooking setup.
Whiskey Onion Topping
- Heat up your cast iron skillet.
- Cube up a piece of bacon and add it to the pan. You don't need love oil because of the fat inside the bacon.
- When it's fat is rendering inside the bacon add a stick of butter.
- Slice up 8 red onions and add it to the bacon and start stirrring everything together.
- Add 1 tbsp of that leftover Steak rub, 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of honey
- Let the onions turn soft and remove the pan from the heat. Don't get it out of the pan yet because you might want to be able to reheat it.
Grill the steak
- Place the steaks on to your grillgrate and start grilling. make sure that your grillgrates are non-stick
- Keep an eye out because you don't want to burn your rub but you do want a bit of char. Black marks is allright as long it's not that much.
- once you have the right amount of sear place the steaks on a higher position with indirect heat and let it come up to a temperature of 54 degrees celcius with an internal BBQ temperature of around 120 degrees celcius.
- Take them rest on the cutting board and pour that beautifull steak topping on top of your steaks.
- Get your whiskey and torch out and pour some whiskey over your steak dish.
- Carefully fire up the steak until the whiskey catches fire.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes and slice into your beautifull Whiskey onion steak.
Calories: 2858kcalCarbohydrates: 147gProtein: 46gFat: 183gSaturated Fat: 85gPolyunsaturated Fat: 20gMonounsaturated Fat: 65gTrans Fat: 4gCholesterol: 380mgSodium: 2366mgPotassium: 2298mgFiber: 23gSugar: 80gVitamin A: 6333IUVitamin C: 72mgCalcium: 434mgIron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.