Saltimbocca steak, if you never heard of Saltimbocca you have been missing out.Italians have been making it for centuries and they are using something in particular: Veal!And veal is a byproduct of milk cows.
- 1 pan
- 1 rack veal ribs
- 6 slices prosciutto or other Italian style ham
- 6 leaves sage
- 100 grams flower
- 50 grams butter
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- First trim off the silver skin and cut off the edges and make it look really good.
- Cut it up into tomahawk style steaks.
- Hit each tomahawk with a pan until it's completely flat.
- Season each tomahawk with some salt and pepper.
- Fire up your BBQ and smoke the tomahawks at 120°C/250°F until they reach a core temperature of 52°C/125°F.
- Take the tomahawks out of the BBQ and let them rest.
- Place some prosciutto and a sage leaf on each tomahawk and pin it with a toothpick.
- Add the flower in a tray and coat the tomahawks with the flower.
- Grab a pan and add the butter into it.
- Heat it up and wait until the butter is melted, then add the olive oil.
- Fry the tomahawks for a short while on each side.
- And that's how you make a classic Saltimbocca.
Calories: 182kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 2gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 1937mgPotassium: 123mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 325IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!