Imagine a huge group of friends coming by and they all know you are a BBQ enthusiast so they keep asking: What’s for dinner? What’s going to be our game day snack? How are you going to feed all those people at once and do it in a fun and impressive way at the same time? Well just make one big platter of ribs of course!A giant platter of rolled up BBQ ribs smoked to perfection and topped off with nachos, bacon and cheese.
- kitchen knife
- 6500 grams St Louis ribs
- PitmasterX's Classic BBQ rub
- 500 grams shredded Gouda cheese
- 500 grams rendered out bacon strips
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic sauce
- 100 grams pickled jalapeno peppers sliced
- 300 grams nacho chips
- 10 grams fresh chopped parsley
Smoking the ribs
- We're getting this party started by taking off the membrane of all the ribs.
- next, season your pile of ribs with your favorite BBQ rub, we're using our very own Pitsmaster X Classic BBQ rub.
- Take a large, round and shallow pan, the biggest one that will fit in your BBQ and roll up your ribs on their sides and set them in the pan, creating a huge rib-pie basically.
- Fire up your Burnhard smoker and set it to a smoking temperature of 120C/248F.
- Slide your pan into the smoker and stick a thermometer in the thickest part of the ribs that are sitting in the centre of the pan, since they will need the longest time to get up to temperature.
- Once the ribs are cooked and tender, take them out of the smoker.
- Now, let's take this party to the next level! Drizzle the ribs with a good quality BBQ sauce and load it up with shredded cheese.
- Render out some bacon, chop it up and sprinkle it on the ribs together with some pickled Jalapenos.
- Load it up with nacho chips, more cheese and of course more bacon!
- Set your smoker to the maximum temperature and slide the pan back in and let that cheese melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, take it off the smoker and dress it up with some more BBQ sauce, garlic sauce and some fresh parsley.
- Time to dive in. Make this and your friends will love you forever!
Calories: 926kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 51gFat: 74gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12gMonounsaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 1004mgPotassium: 736mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 349IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 231mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!