My momma told me that I have to eat my veggie. A couple of centuries later I discovered that veggies are actually amazing! There was only one feature that I had to discover until I found them amazing; Grilled veggies. Who said that veggies can’t be delicious on the BBQ? This Roasted BBQ Salad could even compete with that burger that is grilling on your BBQ right now.
- 1 courgette
- 1 fresh fennel
- 1 green bellpepper
- 1 white onion
- 150 grams mozzarella
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel salt
- 2 tbsp Classic Chimichurri
- Slice up the courgette.
- Cut out the core of the fennel and peel it apart with the stocks on.
- Slice an onion into thick rings.
- Deseed a green bellpepper and slice it up.
- Grill everything over a grill grate with direct heat. You want a good sear on this. Normally black spots are considered as burnt food but with vegetables it's exactly what you want.
- Take them of if you sea some nice sear marks around all the different vegetables.
- Slice them into bite size chunks.
- Add 150 grams of mozzarella.
- Add a 1tbsp of salt. I'm using fleur de sel which is a light seasalt.
- Add 2 tbsp of my homemade chimichurri recipe.
- Toss it and your salad is done!
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 10gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 2041mgPotassium: 491mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 541IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 236mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.