If you found this recipe, it means you are a hardcore steak lover and you deserve nothing but the best. We believe strongly in seasoning our steak with salt and pepper. However we do like to add things on the side. Like this amazing roasted garlic butter.
- 1 kg tomahawk steak
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel
- 1 tbsp ground smoked white penja pepper
Roasted garlic butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250 grams butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil good quality
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Fire up your barbecue and set it to smoke at a temperature of 120°C/248°F.
- Cut the tops of the garlic bulbs and drizzle on some olive oil.
- Sprinkle on a little salt, pepper and some fresh thyme.
- Let the bulbs smoke until they turn completely soft.
- Take the bulbs off and place the Tomahawk steak on the barbecue.
- Let the steak smoke until it reaches a core temperature of 52°C/125°F. In the meantime, you are making the roasted garlic butter.
- Press the garlic out the bulbs in a bowl.
- Add the butter and a tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt, pepper and a tablespoon of finely chopped chives.
- Mix that all together until a smooth, consistent garlic butter starts to form.
- One the steak hits the 52°C/125°F core temperature take it off the grill and let it rest.
- Now set up your barbecue for direct grilling, preferably with a cast iron grill grate.
- Sear the steak, slice it and sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Serve with the roasted garlic butter on the side.
Calories: 1104kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 51gFat: 101gSaturated Fat: 50gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 287mgSodium: 2892mgPotassium: 740mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2247IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!