We made the fastest pulled pork in the world. It took some thinking and a good strategy but we did it.
The goal was juicy pulled pork in record time and we succeeded. This pulled pork cooks in 3 hours flat without resting.
- 3 kilo’s of good quality pork shoulder
- olive oil
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of the rub mentioned below
Pulled pork dry rub
- 1 part fine table salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part curry powder
- 1/8 part ground black pepper
- 1/8 part garlic powder
- 1/8 part onion powder
- Trim of the great pieces of fat from the pork shoulder. Mix all the ingredients for the dry rub, sprinkle on some olive oil on the meat, and sprinkle on an even layer of dry rub on the pork.
- Fire up your smoker to a temperature of 190°C (374F). This is a really high temperature but necessary to break this record. Place the pork shoulder in the smoker and let it sit for one and a half hours.
- Cook the apple cider with the sugar and bbq rub. Let it boil so everything dissolves.
- After one and a half hours, take the pork shoulder out of the smoker and wrap it in a double layer of aluminum foil with the apple cider brew.
- Put the package back in the smoker and let the meat come up to a core temperature of 98°C (208F).
- When the meat reached the desired temperature, you take it out of the smoker and pull it. There you have it, Record-breaking, juicy pulled pork in 3 hours.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.