If you're searching for a reliable method to consistently cook the most delicious BBQ steak, look no further than the reverse sear technique! This approach involves first slow-cooking the steak to perfection and then searing it to achieve a juicy, tender interior with a delectable crust. With a few straightforward steps, you can effortlessly create a mouthwatering BBQ steak.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
700 grams / 1.5 lbs tri tip steak
2 tbsp finishing salt
- Create diamond-shaped cuts in the fat cap by using a sharp knife and cutting in two opposite directions.
- Sprinkle finishing salt onto the fat cap.
- Insert a thermometer into the center of the roast.
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat.
- Roast the steak with the lit closed at a temperature of 140°C or 284°F.
- Remove the roast when it reaches a temperature of 54°Cor 129°F and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat up the Napoleon Sizzlezone or generate the highest possible heat on your BBQ.
- Sear the steak for approximately 1.5 minutes on each side.
- Allow it to rest again for 5 minutes, then slice it across the grain in three directions.