If you're in the mood for a mouth-watering grilled chicken dish, this recipe for crispy grilled chicken on a flat top griddle is just what you need! It's the easiest way to get that crispy fried chicken flavor in a BBQ grilled way.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
800 grams / 1.8 lbs chicken tighs
1 tbsp table salt
1 tbsp paprika powder
1 tbsp onion powder
½ tbsp garlic powder
½ tbsp kurkuma powder
300 ml / 1¼ cup sunflower oil
5 chili peppers
7 cloves of garlic
20 grams / 0.7 oz fresh parsley
½ tbsp finishing salt
½ tbsp black pepper
180 grams / 6.3 oz panko breadcrumbs
8 soft white biscuit bun
400 grams / 14 oz bacon strips
- Grab a bowl and mix 1 tbsp salt with 1 tbsp paprika powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, ½ tbsp garlic powder, ½ kurkuma powder and 250 ml/1 cup of sunflower oil
- Mix the marinade together with your chicken tighs and let it marinade for at least 4 hours.
- Fire up your flattop griddle and start blackening some chili peppers and some whole cloves of garlic.
- After they have been charred, blend them until they form a uniform, creamy paste.
- Warm a small pan and add the paste, along with freshly chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Fry until the orange hue turns into a darker, brownish-orange color.Weave together six slices of bacon.
- Clear the griddle plate and lower one of the three burners to medium heat. Prepare a bowl of panko.
- Dip the chicken thighs in the panko for a light coating, then place them on the hot griddle plate.
- Add plant-based oil to the grilling chicken.
- Cook until a dark golden-brown crispy crust forms on all sides, then add some chili oil for flavor.
- Make sure the chicken reaches a core temperature of 75°C/170°F by letting it continue to cook on the cooler side.
- Render the braided bacon strips.
- Once all the thighs are cooked, place the buns on the griddle plate and drizzle them with some chili pepper oil. For this recipe, Dutch biscuit buns, which are soft bagel-like buns, are used.
- Built up your sandwich with some sauce on the bottom side of the bun,