If you're a fan of bold flavors, then you're in for a treat with this sweet and spicy hot sauce! Made with a blend of toasted spices and honey, this sauce packs a punch of flavor that will leave your taste buds tingling with delight. Whether you're looking to spice up your tacos or add some heat to your fried chicken, this sauce is the perfect condiment to add to your arsenal. So get ready to experience a symphony of sweet and spicy flavors that will take your meals to the next level!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp fennel seeds
3 tbsp chili flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp table salt
450 grams / 1 lbs honey
- Heat up a pan and start toasting the dry seeds and chili flakes without using any oil.
- Keep your seeds moving in the pan and wait until the color changes and you get little pops like popcorn in the pan.
- Grind down the seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Heat up some oil in the now empty pan.
- Add the toasted seeds along with 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Mix it together and let it fry until the tomato becomes sweet.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt and 500 grams or 1 lbs of honey.
- Let the honey become soft and turn it into a liquid syrupy sauce.