Transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of Greece with this irresistible tzatziki sauce recipe. With just a handful of simple ingredients, including aromatic herbs and the finest olive oil, this homemade tzatziki sauce is a versatile companion to elevate your dishes. Whether you're hosting a casual gathering or simply seeking a burst of flavor. Allow this sauce to chill in the fridge for a few hours the flavors will meld together and the flavors will radiate like a burst of sunshine.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
500 ml / 2 cups Greek yoghurt
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil ( extra virgin )
- Add 500 ml or 2 cups of Greek yoghurt to a bowl.
- Grate the cucumber with a course grate.
- Add the cucumber to the bowl along with 2 pressed cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of lemon zest and 2 tbsp of the juices from the same lemon.
- Season with 1 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of table salt and 2 tbsp of high quality olive oil.
- Mix it up and store it in your fridge for at least 2 hours to get the best results.
Do not peel, nor strain the moisture, or remove the see pods of the cucumber. Contrary to popular believe, these parts will make your tzatziki taste more intense. It will also make the tzatziki look better and give your more vitamins.