If you're looking for a delicious and easy dish to cook up on the BBQ, consider giving the Jalapeno Cheddar Meatloaf recipe a try! This recipe combines ground beef, jalapeno and cheddar cheese for a dish that is sure to impress your loved ones. The incredibly cheesy texture will delight anyone who tastes it.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
2 kg / 4.5 lbs minced beef
100 grams / 3.5 oz bread crumb
- 8 tbsp PitmasterX Classic BBQ rub
300 grams / 10 lbs pickled jalapeno's
500 grams / 1.1 lbs chaddar
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp mayonaise
250 grams / 9 oz bread crumbs
150 grams / 5 oz dried parmesan cheese
400 ml / 1,7 cups ketchup
100 ml / 0.4 cups kecap manis
100 grams / 0.2 lbs brown sugar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Fire up the smoker at a temperature of 120°C or 250°F and use hardwood charcoal for smoking.
- Place the meat in a bowl and mix with eggs, breadcrumbs and PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub.
- Knead the minced beef until you have a soft doughy consistency.
- Blend pickled jalapenos and incorporate them into the minced beef while mixing.
- Gradually add shredded cheddar cheese to the beef.
- Line a bread baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Spread the minced meat mixture evenly into the tray, pressing it down firmly.
- Insert a thermometer into the meatloaf to monitor the internal temperature.
- Put the meatloaf on the smoker until it reaches an internal temperature of 65°C or 150°F.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes, then flip it over into a wide oven proof tray.
- Thoroughly cover the meatloaf with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Combine breadcrumbs, dried parmesan and BBQ rub and completely coat the meatloaf with this mixture.
- Increase the BBQ temperature to 200°C or 390°F.
- Place the tray with the meatloaf inside and let it develop a crust for approximately 20 minutes, until the meatloaf is fully cooked and can be served with BBQ sauce on the side.
- Heat a pan and add all ingredients for the BBQ sauce.
- Bring it to a boil, and your BBQ sauce will be ready.