Discover the art of creating the ultimate breakfast delight with this simple recipe. While it may seem straightforward, achieving perfection requires a fundamental understanding of the BBQ techniques involved. Unlock the secrets to achieving the ideal sear on your steak and the flawless richness of a perfectly cooked egg yolk.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
400 grams / 14 oz rib eye steak
200 grams / 7 oz tiny mushrooms
200 grams / 7 oz sweet potato cubes
200 grams / 7 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ
2 tbsp olive oil
100 grams / 3.5 oz butter
1 tsp finishing salt
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, the BBQ rub and the potato cubes
- Place the sweet potatoes in the rotisserie basket and install it in the barbecue.
- Turn on the backburner and slow roast your sweet potato cubes.
- Heat up a griddle plate with 1 tbsp olive oil and 50 grams butter.
- Grill the cherry tomatoes till soft, browned and sweet in about 15 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of searing the tomatoes add the mushrooms and grill them golden brown.
- Put a thermometer in the steak and put it on an in-direct zone of your BBQ with a temperature of around 120 C or 250 F.
- When the tomatoes and mushrooms are done, remove them and re-season the griddle plate with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 50 grams butter.
- Break a small quail egg onto the oiled griddle plate, making sure the yolk remains intact.
- Once your steak as reached a temperature of 52°C or 126°F take it off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare your BBQ for the highest direct heat setup or light your sizzle zone, both provide an ideal searing environment.
- Place the rested steak on the hot grate and rotate it 45 degrees after 30 seconds to get compelling sear marks. After this, carefully flip the steak and repeat the process, searing for a total of 2 minutes.
- Season with finishing salt.
- Plate up your dish by positioning the steak in the center, topped with the small quail egg. Arrange the sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and tomatoes on the side for a complete and visually appealing presentation.