Indulge in the exquisite flavors of grilled oysters accompanied by a tantalizing chili oil that is simply irresistible. These delicious treats are not only packed with mouthwatering taste, but they are also remarkably quick and easy to prepare.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1 box (24 pieces) oysters
- PitmasterX's chili oil
1 box sea weeds
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp sesame seeds
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
125 ml ½ cups honey whiskey
- Grab an oyster knife if you have one or a small preferable old sturdy knife that is considered disposable.
- Tick your oyster and listen for a solid sound. If it's hollow it means that the oyster is properly gone bad.
- Look for the edge where the bottom part and the top part come together.
- Stick your knife in between the shells and wiggle it further in. Make a make a left to right move to cut the oyster's muscle from the shell.
- Pop it open and run your knife through the shell. Put everything inside the shell including the seawater in a bowl but take out the small hard muscle. Keep the shells.
- Fire up the barbecue and set it up for direct grilling at high temperatures.
- Create this delicious PitmasterX's chili oil.
- Place the oysters in the shells and put them on the grill.
- Drizzle on the chili oil, zest, sea weeds and sesame seeds.
- After 2 minutes of grilling finish the oysters with some honey and whiskey.