Spice up your culinary creations with my easy Chili Oil! Using a cast iron pan and simple ingredients, this tongue-tingling condiment adds a buzz to any dish. Try it on our recipes for an unforgettable flavor experience.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
4 black pepper corns
1 bay leaf
1 star anise
2 tbsp chili flakes
200 ml / 0.8 cups sunflower oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp finishing salt
- Set your barbecue to a temperature of 250°C or 480°F.
- Heat up your cast iron skillet (or any type of pan that can hold a very hot liquid oil).
- Once the pan is hot, put in the pepper corns, bay leaf, star anise and chili flakes.
- Toast them untill they release there flavors.
- Pour in sunflower oil and let it fry untill you see a light bubble appearing.
- While it's cooling put in the rest and let it slowly fry in the oil while you give it one more stir.
- Once the temperature is cool enought put it in your blender and mix it up.
- Now you can put it in a jar for storing or put it on your recipe.