Our spicy sauce combines the bold and vibrant flavors of sambal oelek, a traditional Indonesian chili paste, with a medley of carefully selected ingredients to create a tantalizing experience for spice enthusiasts.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 white onion
1 tbsp sambal oelek
1 cup seeved tomato
4 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 ginger root
Thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this recipe Visit their website to learn more.
- Heat up a cast iron pan on medium heat and let it warm up along with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add 3 pressed cloves of garlic and 1 diced white onion
- Fry it until the onion turns soft and add 1 tbsp of Sambal Oelek.
- When the Sambal turns dark red/brown, add a cup of seeved tomato puree, 4 tbsp of sweet soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp lime juice and 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- Stir while still cooking
- Taste and adjust flavor with salt if needed.
- Store it in a air-tight container and keep it in the fridge. Serve it hot.