If you're looking to switch up your seafood game and try something new and exciting, this grilled octopus recipe cooked on a flat top griddle is the perfect dish for you. With its tender, flavorful meat and crispy, charred exterior, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. And the best part? It's surprisingly easy to make! Whether you're a seasoned chef or a novice cook, you'll be able to master this recipe and create a dish that's sure to impress. So fire up your BBQ and get ready to cook up a storm with this delicious grilled octopus recipe!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
2 cloves of garlic
2 white onions
½ tbsp olive oil
50 grams / 180 oz black olives
400 grams / 14 oz tomato pulp
50 grams / 1.8 oz brined capers
400 grams / 14 oz mackerel
3 cloves of garlic
40 grams / 1.40 oz fresh parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
250 ml / 8.50 floz extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Fleur de Sel sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 liter / 1 gallon water
- 1.Fire up your barbecue. Set it up with a griddle and create a hot zone and a cool zone.
- Heat up a cast iron dutch oven along with 1 tbsp of olive oil and start softening your onions.
- Add the garlic, a can of fine tomato pulp, 50 grams or 1.80 oz of black olives and 50 grams or 1.80 oz of brined capers.
- After around 10 minutes the moist is evaporated and your tomatoes are now sweet. Add the octopus to the dutch oven.
- Add the water until the octopus is covered completely and let it simmer for around 2 hours.
- Chop the garlic and parsley and add it to a bowl.
- Squeeze out half a lemon in the bowl and add a cup of olive oil.
- Season with 2 tbsp of salt and 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Chop the cooked octopus into tiny chunks.
- Mix with 2 tbsp of the herb seasoning.
- Sear the octopus on the griddle for a few minutes until it develops crust.
- Season some mackerel with the herb seasoning on the side and sear it off whole on the griddle. Flip them half way trough the cook.
- Serve the octopus with a mackerel on the side and pour some of that leftover bouillon on top.