Discover the authentic taste of Japan with our Tonkatsu Sauce recipe. Crafted with a blend of ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Mirin, Yuzu Ponzu, sesame oil, and dark brown sugar, it adds a burst of savory sweetness to your favorite dishes.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp Yuzu Ponzu
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Mirin, Yuzu Ponzu, sesame oil, and dark brown sugar.
- Stir the ingredients together until the dark brown sugar is completely dissolved and the sauce is well combined.
- Adjust the taste according to your preference. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can add more dark brown sugar. If you want it saltier, add more soy sauce.
- Once the sauce is well-mixed and has reached your desired flavor profile, let it sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Use the Tonkatsu sauce immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.
Enjoy your Tonkatsu sauce with your favorite fried dishes like Tonkatsu.