Saddle up for the robust flavor adventure of Cowboy Butter! This zesty blend of softened butter, fresh herbs, garlic, and a touch of Dijon mustard and beef tallow packs a Wild West punch. Whether on grilled meats or as a dip, Cowboy Butter delivers a taste of the frontier in every bite!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
250 grams or 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3 stalks fresh parsley
3 cloves of garlic
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
to taste salt and pepper
1/2 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp beef tallow
- In a mixer, combine the softened butter, parsley, garlic, shallot, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, beef tallow and chili flakes.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated, and you have a smooth and creamy butter with a flavorful kick.
- Spoon the Cowboy Butter into a bowl or glas and keep it slightly warm.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the steak with olive oil and generously season with Texas BBQ seasoning on both sides.
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness. Cooking times may vary based on the thickness of your steak and your grill temperature.
- As a general guideline, for medium-rare, grill about 4-5 minutes per side. Adjust accordingly for your preferred doneness.
- Finish with Cowboy Butter: Once the steak is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes. Slice the steak in thin slices and dip in the cowboy butter