Why settle for ordinary burgers when you can give them a smashing twist? This method ensures a superior crust, capturing both flavor and texture. With a few extra tricks, you'll turn this burger into an unforgettable delight for your guests.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
600 grams or 1.1 lbs ground beef
250 ml or 1 cup Burger Bun Sauce
10 grams or 0.35 oz fresh parsley
10 grams or 0.35 oz fresh chives
2 cloves of fresh garlic
62,5 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
6 Burger Buns
- 1 tsp Texas BBQ Rub
1 yellow onion
100 grams or 3.5 oz pickles
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- pinch of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
6 slices cheese
- 250 ml or 1 cup Classic Burgers Sauce
- Use 600 grams or 1.1 lbs of ground beef or grind it down yourself using chuck steak. It's recommended to grind it another time to get a better blend.
- Shape the meat into golf balls size meat balls.
- Place them on a sheet of baking paper and cut it into pieces so that you can move them individually.
- Load a blender up with 10 grams or 0.35 oz of fresh parsley, 10 grams or 0.35 oz of fresh chives, 2 fresh cloves of garlic and 62,5 ml or ¼ cup of olive oil. To give it an extra boost, you can add 1 tsp of Texas BBQ Rub and mix it up.
- Pour it out on a deep plate so you can dip each half of your burger buns in the sauce.
- Slice up 1 yellow onion and 1 shallot into fine rings.
- Slice up 100 grams or 3.5 oz of pickles.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for direct heat with a griddle plate.
- Text your griddle plate's heat by toasting the dipped burger buns first on the plate.
- Sprinkle on a little bit of oil and put a couple of onion rings on the plate to hear that hot sizzle sound.
- Grate fine 1 tbsp worth of Parmesan cheese on top of the onions.
- Put the ball of meat on top with the baking sheet on top and press it down with a big and wide spatula as hard as you can.
- Take off the baking paper and once you have a nice maillard effect it's time to flip it around.
- Season with a pinch of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub and put on a slice of cheese to let it melt on top.
- Put 2 patties on top of each other on a toasted burger bun and add a little tsp of the Classic Burger Sauce.
- Add a couple of optional pickles and add the cap to the burger. That's how you make a delicious burger!