Kung Fu BBQ Sauce
This saucy sensation is here to kick your taste buds into high gear and make your BBQ adventures a whole lot more exciting. With a blend of flavorful ingredients that dance on your palate, this Asian infused BBQ sauce is a good kick when cooking all sorts of good BBQ meats.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
3 cloves of garlic
10 grams / 0.35 oz fresh ginger
1 red onion
2 tbsp peanut oil
62.5 ml / ¼ cup ponzou
62.5 ml / ¼ cup molasses
62.5 ml / ¼ cup sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Kung Fu BBQ Rub
62.5 ml / ¼ cup water
2 tsp cornstarch
- Chop fine 3 cloves of garlic and 10 grams or 0.35 oz of fresh ginger.
- Dice up 1 red onion.
- Heat up a pan and add 2 tbsp of peanut oil.
- Fry the garlic, ginger and the onion until glazey.
- Add 62.5 ml or ¼ cup of ponzou.
- Add 62.5 ml or ¼ cup of molasses.
- Add 62.5 ml or ¼ cup of sweet soy sauce (kecap manis).
- Add 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp of Kung Fu BBQ Rub.
- Mix it up and let it slowly simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take 62.5 ml or ¼ cup of water and add 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Mix it up until all lumps ar gone and add it to the sauce.
- Mix it up while the sauce is getting thicker and let it slowly soft boil for 3 more minutes.
- Store your sauce in a container until usage.