Step into a world of BBQ wonder with our Scruffed Mayo Steak recipe! This culinary masterpiece combines the succulence of scruffed steak, the boldness of Steak Amplifier Sauce, and the irresistible crunch of Flattop Potato Chips. This techniques uses a mayo based sauce to get the perfect crust on Steak.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1 kg / 2.2 lbs flank steak
- 30 grams / 1 oz PitmasterX's Steak Rub
160 ml / ⅔ cup Steak Amplifier Sauce
300 grams / 0.7 lbs Flattop Potato Chips
- Fire up your flattop griddle.
- Create a a batch of 30 grams or 1 oz of Pitmaster X's Steak Rub.
- Take a sharp boning knife and carve in the steak in both directions to create diamond shapes on both sides.
- Season with 1 tbsp of Pitmasterx's Steak Rub on both sides.
- Create 160 ml or ⅔ cup of Steak Amplifier Sauce.
- Prepare 300 grams or 0.7 lbs of Flattop Potato Chips.
- Once the griddle is hot it's time to season the plate with a plant based oil and sear the steak on the flat surface with the thickest part towards the hottest part of the plate.
- Once there is a light crust developing it's time to brush on that Steak Amplifier on the steak and flip it around so it can sear.
- Let the steak develop a dark brown maillard crust and flip it to do the other side as well.
- Let the steak rest for 15 minutes while you finish the rest of the potato chip recipe on the hot griddle.
- Slice the steaks into thin strips and serve with some delicious potato chips on the side.