Flat Top Potato Chips
Indulge in the satisfying crunch of homemade potato chips. Get ready to embark on a journey of homemade chip perfection that will elevate your grilling game. Nothing beats frying on a flattop griddle.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Slice 300 grams or 0.7 lbs of potato chips into thin slices.
- Soak the chips in a tray filled with water for 30 minutes.
- Fire up your flattop griddle and let it become hot.
- Remove the chips from the water and let them dry on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Soak them in 3 tbsp of frying oil.
- Fry the potato chips on both sides while adding 3 more tbsp of oil.
- Rotate the chips frequently and fry them until they become crispy.
- Let the chips rack on the cooling rack for 20 minutes and season with 1 tsp of PitmasterX's Steak Rub.
- Put them in a basket and cover it with ½ tbsp of Steak Amplifier Sauce and ½ tbsp of Tweety BBQ Sauce.
- Chop fine 1 tbsp of fresh chives and sprinkle it on top as a finisher and your chips are done!