Get ready for a tasty treat with our grilled chicken thighs. They're soaked in a special brine and covered in a homemade BBQ sauce that's full of flavor. The brine keeps them juicy, and the sauce adds a delicious smoky and tangy taste. Get excited because grilled chicken will never be the same again!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Make 120 grams of Tweety BBQ Rub according to it's recipe and make sure that your salt is weighs 50 grams or 1.8 oz.
- Add the rub to a liter or 4 cups of water and mix it up to create a brine.
- Put 1 kg or 2.2 lbs of chicken thighs in a ziplock bag.
- Add the brine to the ziplock bag, let the air out and close it.
- Mix up the bag by rubbing, and shaking it.
- Let it brine for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up a pan and make 320 ml or 1 ⅓ of Tweety BBQ Sauce according to it's recipe.
- Fire up your grill and set it for direct heat. with a cooler zone.
- Place the chicken thighs on a flexible grill basket and let them dry up while your BBQ is coming up to temperature.
- Grill the chicken over direct heat by flipping it regularly and move them over to the cooler zone when your thighs are grilling to fast.
- Once the chicken thighs have reached a core temperature of 72°C or 160°F it time to brush the BBQ sauce on the chicken to add an extra layer of flavor.
- Let the sauce sit on the chicken for 1minute.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let it rest on the cutting board. After 10 minutes it time to slice in to your chicken and enjoy!