If you want to take your steak experience to new heights with a mouth-watering twist, then you have to give this recipe a shot: steak stuffed with delicious cream cheese. The result is a steak with an impeccable combination of tenderness and exquisite taste, thanks to the addition of a rich and delicious filling. Pair it with your favorite side dishes, be it roasted vegetables or a refreshing crisp salad, and enjoy a truly impressive and delicious meal.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
500 grams / 1.1 lbs flank steak
2 red onions
150 grams / 5.3 oz bacon
200 grams 7 oz mushrooms
200 grams / 7 oz cream cheese
250 grams / 8.8 oz young gouda cheese shredded
10 grams / 0.4 oz fresh chives chopped
1 clove of garlic
½ tsp finishing salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Put 200 grams or 7 oz cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add 250 grams or 8.8 oz Gouda shredded cheese.
- Chop fine 10 grams or 0.4 oz of fresh chives and add that to the bowl along with 1 pressed clove of garlic.
- Season with ½ tsp finishing salt and ½ tsp pepper and mix it up.
- Take a straight sharp knife and carefully butterfly the steak halfway trough.
- Dice up 2 red onions and 200 grams or 7 oz of mushrooms.
- Fire up your BBQ and let your griddle become hot.
- Season the griddle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sear the steak on the griddle on the side with the floppy bit attached.
- Rest the steak once you have a brown maillard effect on the inside.
- Apply the cream cheese on top off the maillard crust.
- Close the steak and sear it on both sides with the cream cheese in the middle.
- Meanwhile, render out 150 grams or 5.3 oz of bacon strips, 2 diced red onions and 200 grams or 7 oz mushrooms on the cooler side of the griddle. Make sure the mushrooms on top of the rest soak up all the flavor.
- Once the steak reached a core temperature of 54°C or 130°F, serve it with the topping on top and let it rest for 5 minutes.