If you're a steak lover, you've got to try these mouthwatering crispy garlic steaks made from tender and juicy ribeye. Grilled on a flat grilling surface to create a crispy texture that's reminiscent of garlic shrimp, these steaks are bursting with flavor. The key to achieving that perfect crispy texture is to cook the steaks on high heat for a short amount of time.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
800 grams / 1.3 lbs rib-eye steaks
- 125 grams / 4.4 oz PitmasterX's Classic BBQ rub
125 grams / 4.4 lbs all purpose flour
15 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
30 grams / 1 oz fresh parsley
500 grams / 1.1 lbs butter
1 tbsp finishing salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Combine 125 grams or 4.4 oz Pitmaster X classic rub with equal parts of all-purpose flour.
- Fire up your BBQ for direct heat and let the griddle plate come up to temperature.
- Apply a thick coating of the flour mixture on the steaks.
- Blend 15 cloves of garlic in a blender with 1 tbsp olive oil. Slice 30 grams or 1 oz fresh parsley and cut 1 lemon in half.
- Heat a pan on top of the hot grill plate. Melt 500 grams or 1.1 lbs of butter and mix in the blended garlic, parsley, and lemon juice of half the lemon.
- Season with 1 tbsp of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper and mix it together.
- Using a spoon, spread some of the melted butter onto the hot griddle plate. Lay the steaks on top and let them grill. While grilling, brush some more garlic butter on top of the steaks.
- Grill the steaks until they reach a temperature of 52°C or 125°F and have a beautiful dark brown crust on both sides.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving, and they're ready to be enjoyed!