I can do a rib roast in 5 minutes and it will have more texture than you ever tasted on a rib roast. There is nothing more to say because this technique tells the story and will convince you to try it at home.
- 2600 grams rib roast bone in
- 250 grams butter
- 2 cloves of garlic whole
- 10 grams thyme whole branches
- Skottsberg stainless steel pan 28cm
- Put your knife against the bone on the outside part of the ribs and cut along the bone untill you reach the bottom with around 6 cm left to be safe.
- Put it down flat and carve into the thickest part to repeat this move.
- Try to keep around 2 fingers thick meat on all parts and you'll end up with a huge flat piece of meat with the bones on top attached still.
- Season with ½ tbsp of fleur de sel sea salt and with 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Fire up you Kamado with direct heat and the grill grates on the highest position.
- Heat up your pan and melt a whole cup of butter.
- Ad 2 whole cloves of garlic and some whole branches of thyme.
- Fry the thyme and your sauce is done.
- Once your BBQ is up to temperature put the ribroast flat on the grill grate and let it pick up heat.
- After around 1 or 2 minutes check if you can flip and make your first flip. If your BBQ tongs can't hold this huge piece of meat than i would use my BBQ gloves to do this.
- Keep flipping and let that fat render down into the fire to get flare ups and built up crust.
- Keep in mind that even if you try as hard as you can to built an even crust it's very hard to get a perfect 54C/130F temperature on this type of cooking but it's the texture that you are doing this for.
- Once you have around 50C/120F i recommend taking it off and letting it rest.
- Season it with a little pinch of salt again.
- Add the butter on top.
- Now roll it back together in the same way you cut it open and grab 4 even pieces of butcher twine.
- Tie it back up with more power than you ussually would because tieing up cooked meat is more difficult.
- Now your roast is done and ready to be eaten.
Calories: 1196kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 44gFat: 112gSaturated Fat: 52gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 264mgSodium: 346mgPotassium: 736mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.03gVitamin A: 840IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!