Over the years, I tried to make the original kebab, but overall I failed miserably. That was because the meat didn’t stick to the skewers.This time I finally learned how to make proper kebabs from Yousef on Youtube, and it’s easier then I thought it was. And if I can do it, you can do it too.
How well is this recipe
- 1 ½ Kg ground beef
- ½ Kg ground lamb
- 2 piece red onions
- 4 piece Yufka or Turkish flatbread
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sumac
- Mix the beef and lamb meat with the onion and seasoning and put it in small portions in a blender. The salt in the seasoning and the movements of the grinding dissolves the protein and makes for a tight structure. This way, the meat sticks better to the skewers.
- Fire up your grill and place the skewers over direct heat till the meat reaches a core temperature of 70°C/158°F.
- Pull the meat off the skewers with a piece of flatbread and ad some tomato, lettuce, onions and garlic sauce.
Calories: 1442kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 90gFat: 105gSaturated Fat: 42gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 45gTrans Fat: 5gCholesterol: 358mgSodium: 2311mgPotassium: 1443mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 143mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.