Over the years, I tried to make the original kebab, but overall I failed miserably. That was because the meat didn’t stick to the skewers.
This time I finally learned how to make proper kebabs from Yousef on Youtube, and it’s easier then I thought it was. And if I can do it, you can do it too.
- 1,5 kilos of ground beef
- 1/2 a kilo of ground lamb
- 2 red onions
- some Yufka or Turkish flatbread
For the seasoning
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of sumac
- Put the onions in a blender and grind them down. Put in a sieve for 2 hours to get rid of a lot of moisture.
- Mix the beef and lamb meat with the onion and seasoning and put it in small portions in a blender. The salt in the seasoning and the movements of the grinding dissolves the protein and makes for a tight structure. This way, the meat sticks better to the skewers.
- Fire up your grill and place the skewers over direct heat till the meat reaches a core temperature of 70°C (158F).
- Pull the meat off the skewers with a piece of flatbread and ad some tomato, lettuce, onions and garlic sauce.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.