I love to mix and match, and today is no different. I smoked a fantastic Black Angus rib roast to perfection with the help of an unusual dry rub.A rib roast is a giant ribeye with a bone. It’s the best steak I could find, and I will make it even better with something else that I really love. I use a rub made with coffee and coffee made with a rub.
How well is this recipe
- 1 coffee machine
- 1 piece prime rib roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 ml water hot
- 2 tbsp coffee beans
- ¼ part ground black pepper
- ¼ part fine sea salt
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part onion powder
- Grind down the coffee beans until it resembles the ground black pepper. Mix that with the ground pepper, salt, onion and garlic powder. Divide the rub into 2 parts.
- Put some olive oil on the meat and sprinkle an even layer of the rub on all sides of the rib roast.
- Start up your smoker to a temperature of 135°C/275°F and put the rubbed rib roast on the grates. Stick a thermometer in the meat and close the lid.
- When the surface of the roast drys out, I start spraying the meat. I repeat this every time the surface dries out. This way I build up an extra layer of flavour.
- When the meat reaches a core temperature of 52°C/126°F, I take it out of the smoker and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. While resting, the temperature rises till the meat is perfectly medium-rare.
- After resting, I slice the meat in thick cuts.
Calories: 33kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 31mgPotassium: 2mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.