Pork Belly! I love it but I prefer to expose them to as much heat that I can possibly expose them to and make them crunchy and juicy with a lot of caramelisation on the outside. So basically I let my pork belly endure a lot of things. And I found just the right tool to make their lives more comfortable. I know, I speak of them as they are my pets but in a way they are!These Gold Nugget pork belly burnt ends is the perfect birthday celebration snack. Easy to cook but lots and lots of flavor.
- 3000 grams pork belly
- PitmasterX's BBQ Booster Rub
Honey Siracha Sauce
- 200 ml honey
- 100 ml siracha
- Grab a sharp chef's knife and cube up the porkbelly in two finger sized cubes.
- Make a batch of the Gold Rush Rub ( click on the link in the instructions).
- Mix them together with the porkbelly cubes and let them sit for around 30 minutes. The moisture in the cubes will be drawn out by the salt and make the rub stick more.
- Fire up your BBQ with a small amount of charcoal on both sides.
- Once the charcoal is lit, put the Gold Nuggets inside your rotisserie basket and close the basket. Place the rotisserie and make sure that there is no charcoal directly underneath your basket.
- Let it rotate for about an hour.
If you do not have a rotisserie or basket.
- Create an indirect zone in the center of cour BBQ and place the grill grates as high as your can. Maintain a temperature of around 120 degrees celcius with a maximum of 140. Keep an eye out and rotate them around 6 times in 1½ hour.
- Heat up a pan.
- Put in 200 ml of honey together with 100 ml of siracha hot sauce.
- Mix it and let it cook untill you get a syrupy bubble.
- Take off the porkbelly after around 1½ hours and put it on a cooling rack, tray or plate. I like to use these deep small aluminium trays,
- Pour the sauce over the Gold Nuggets and mix it up. Ready to eat!
Calories: 1369kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 23gFat: 133gSaturated Fat: 48gPolyunsaturated Fat: 14gMonounsaturated Fat: 62gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 304mgPotassium: 487mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 39IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.