I’ve been making pork belly burnt ends for the past 15 years now and since the day I first made them on the old kettle BBQ I definitely fell in love with this recipe. It’s cheap and easy to make food for lots of people and it’s so delicious. But now I need a new pork belly high. I need my burnt end fix so I decided to make a new burnt end recipe and my o my is it good!This quick and easy pork belly burnt ends recipe is the thing you need to try. It’s user friendly and makes the masses happy. Peak Traditional BBQ.
- 1500 grams pork belly
- PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ rub
- chunk of pecan smoke wood
- PitmasterX’s Sweet Apple BBQ Sauce
- ½ tbsp chili flakes
- 100 ml Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey
- Grab a big carving knife with a long straight blade and make diamond shape incisions on the pork belly's fat side. Make sure you have a porkbelly without the skin.
- Make a batch of PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ rub and season the fat part while opening the carvings with your fingers. Season the other sides as well and make sure you season it heavily.
- Fire up your smoker ( in my case the masterbuilt ) and once the temperature as risen to 140°C/275°F add the chunk of smokewood to the charcoal.
- Place the porkbelly fat side up on a fire proof cooling rack with a tray underneath to catch the fat drippings on the BBQ.
- Put in a thermometer and smoke untill it reaches 92°C/198°F
- Grab a pan and make the PitmasterX’s Sweet Apple BBQ Sauce according to our recipe in the ingredient section.
- Add the chili flakes and honey whiskey as an extra to this sauce.
- Take out the Porkbelly when it reached the desired core temperature.
- Slice the porkbelly into one finger thick steaks but be carefull because it's really hot.
- Put the steaks on it's side on the same tray as we used before but without the fat in the tray.
- Sprinkle on some of that leftover BBQ rub from before.
- Brush on a thick layer of BBQ sauce on top.
- Set the BBQ to a temperature of 250°C/480°F
- Let it turn into burnt ends for around 10 minutes and your burnt ends steaks are done!
Calories: 1004kcalCarbohydrates: 0.3gProtein: 18gFat: 99gSaturated Fat: 36gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 68mgPotassium: 357mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.05gVitamin A: 169IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.