Need something to spice up your food? Need something to dip your food in? Look no further because this homemade hot salsa will defeat your store bought salsa easily.The key to a homemade salsa is not only using fresh ingredients but is to add a little bit of smoke and fire to the salsa as well.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 ancho chile chopped
- 1 tbsp beef tallow
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 400 grams tomato pulp
- Chop fine an ancho de chile pepper, some garlic and a red onion.
- Heat up your cast iron skillet and put in a tablespoon of beef tallow. If you don't have any you could replace this with butter.
- Fry all the ingredients untill they turn soft.
- Add 400 grams of tomato pulp.
- Let it reduce by half and add a tsp of sea salt.
- If you want to you can add a tsp of cayenne pepper as well.
- give it a good stir and your salsa is done.
Calories: 174kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 6gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 2453mgPotassium: 889mgFiber: 13gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 10118IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!