Brining is a century or even millennium old technique to make your meat more tender, flavorful and storable for longer periods of time. This brine is the basic brine that I will use in many of my recipes and is suitable for chicken, pork, lamb and beef.This brine recipe is the batch that i use for any large cut of beef. You could brine a piece of meat till around 5 kg with this recipe. Adds lots flavor.
- 100 ml warm water
- 50 grams fine kitchen salt
- 25 grams sugar
- 4 juniper berry's
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 pepper corns
- 3 cloves
- 900 ml cold water
- Take a skillet and heat up 100ml water.
- When the water is warm, add the salt, sugar, juniper berries, bay leaves, pepper corns and cloves to the pan. Let this come up to a boil.
- Add the cold water and take the pan off the heat source.
- Let it cool down to room temperature. Once all the sugar and salt crystals are dissolved, the brine is done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.