I love to use a pizza mix to make my pizza. I know it’s going to upset the pizza nazi’s, but I don’t care. And if it upsets you too, just don’t call it pizza.
This certainly won’t be your average pizza. I used some leftover pulled pork and other stuff I found in my fridge.
- Mix for pizza
- Good cheese to melt. I use Young Gouda cheese.
- Parmesan cheese
- Leftover pulled pork
- Streaky bacon
- Pickled jalapeños
- Creme fraiche
- Barbecue sauce
- Fresh chives
- Make the pizza dough as it says on the package. When the dough is fermenting you can start prepping the mise en place. That’s French for “put in place” or “make sure you have everything you need before you start building your pizza”.
- Fire up your pizza oven in advance with the highest temperature it can reach.
- Divide the pizza dough into the same size balls. Flour your work surface with flour and stretch a ball to a pizza bottom. See the video on how I do it.
- Spread some creme fraiche on the bottom and then add the pulled pork.
- Next, we want some pickled jalapeño and bacon.
- Grate the cheese and Parmesan over it. The more the better. Then add the chives and the barbecue sauce.
- Slide this in the pizza oven and wait for it to be cooked. Take it out the oven and call this pizza what you want before you enjoy it.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.