I smoked the Wagyu of bacon. Mangalitza pork belly. Next to Iberico, it’s the best pork you can find.I did justice to the meat by providing it with a beautiful crust of pistachio nuts and Parmesan cheese.
How well is this recipe
- 500 grams pork belly With alot of meat and no skin
- 1 piece jar of mild mustard
- 150 grams pistachio nuts
- 150 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Grate the cheese and put it in a blender with the pistachio nuts, salt, paprika powder, and onion powder. Mix it up till it has a sticky and coarse consistency.
- Take the pork belly, and rub it all over with the mustard.
- Sprinkle the pistachio mixture on the mustard, and make sure it’s everywhere with a thick layer.
- Start your smoker with a temperature of 160°C/320°F. Place the pork belly on the grates and close the lid.
- The pork belly is done when it reached a core temperature of 65°C/140°F. Take it out of the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing it.
Calories: 1027kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 31gFat: 94gSaturated Fat: 32gPolyunsaturated Fat: 13gMonounsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 2468mgPotassium: 743mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1367IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 389mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.