I smoked the Wagyu of bacon. Mangalitza pork belly. Next to Iberico, it’s the best pork you can find.
I did justice to the meat by providing it with a beautiful crust of pistachio nuts and Parmesan cheese.
- 500 gram of pork belly with a lot of meat and no skin
- mild mustard
- 150 gram of pistachio nuts
- 150 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of paprika powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- Grate the cheese and put it in a blender with the pistachio nuts, salt, paprika powder, and onion powder. Mix it up till it has a sticky and coarse consistency.
- Take the pork belly, and rub it all over with the mustard.
- Sprinkle the pistachio mixture on the mustard, and make sure it’s everywhere with a thick layer.
- Start your smoker with a temperature of 160°C (320F). Place the pork belly on the grates and close the lid.
- The pork belly is done when it reached a core temperature of 65°C (140F). Take it out of the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing it.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.