With a good BBG recipe, you need a fantastic side dish. I made a bean stew with pinto beans. This isn’t just a side dish. This recipe makes the meal.As Morrison puts it, “These beans taste like home”. He is such a poet. But he’s right. Just try them for yourself.
- 500 gram dried pinto beans
- 50 gram butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece onion
- 1 piece carrot large
- 2 piece celery stalk
- 2 piece chicken legs
- 200 gram bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- The day before the cook we rinse the beans and let them soak in water overnight so they soften up.
- Put a pan on the fire and melt the butter. Slice up the garlic, onion, carrot and celery stalks and let them soften in the butter.
- Add the chicken legs and the bacon. Pour in the soaked beans and top it off with water. Put a lid on and let it simmer for 4 to 5 hours.
- Take the pan off the fire and take the chicken legs and the bacon out. Pull the chicken meat off the bone and shred it. Cut the piece of bacon in little cubes and put it back in the pan with the chicken meat.
- Season it all with some salt and stir it up. Scoop out the beans and meat and serve while hot.
Calories: 888kcalCarbohydrates: 83gProtein: 44gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 1084mgPotassium: 2071mgFiber: 20gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2947IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 166mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.