With a good bbq recipe, you need a fantastic side dish. I made a bean stew with pinto beans. This isn’t just a sidedish. This recipe makes the meal.
As Morrison puts it, “These beans taste like home”. He is such a poet. But he’s right. Just try them for yourself.
- 500 grams of dried pinto beans
- 50 gram of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 chicken legs
- a piece of 200 grs of bacon
- salt to taste
- The day before the cook we rinse the beans and let them soak in water overnight so they soften up.
- Put a pan on the fire and melt the butter. Slice up the garlic, onion, carrot and celery stalks and let them soften in the butter.
- Add the chicken legs and the bacon. pour in the soaked beans and top it of with water. put a lid on and let it simmer for 4 to 5 hours.
- Take the pan off the fire and take the chicken legs and the bacon out. Pull the chicken meat off the bone and shred it. Cut the piece of bacon in little cubes and put it back in the pan with the chicken meat.
- Season it all with some salt and stir it up. Scoop out the beans and meat and serve while hot.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.