MSG has gotten a bad rap over the years, and that’s a shame because there is nothing wrong with this white powder. MSG increases the umami and makes food more savoury and tasty.I tested it on an already perfect wagyu picanha and sprayed it with my own MSG flavoured liquid. I build up an extra layer of flavour that makes this delicious steak even better. Savory.
- 1 piece picanha with a nice fat cap
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 part sea salt
- 1 part ground black pepper
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- 1/16 part MSG
- 1 litre hot water
- Cut the picanha in 2 fingers thick steaks. Carve the fat cap crosswise and sprinkle on the coarse salt and rub it in the carves.
- Fire up your grill with 2 zones and indirect heat of about 140°C (284F). Put the steaks on the indirect side of the grates and stick in a thermometer.
- Heat up the steaks and spray them every 10 minutes until they hit a core temperature of 51°C (124F). Take them out of the frill, while you crank it up.
- Sear the steaks to get a nice crust and serve them while hot.
Calories: 119kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 11gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1896mgPotassium: 163mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 133IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.