It was time to grill some picanha again. We grilled them as they do in Brasil on long skewers.
If you didn’t already try picanha you better buy a picanha for the coming weekend. You love it, especially with this nice salsa verde.
- 1.5 kilo picanha
- Coarse salt
For the salsa verde
- 1 shallot
- a handful of chopped parsley
- a handful of chopped chives
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- the juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp of fleur de sell
- 1/2 a tsp of ground black pepper
- We start by making the salsa verde by chopping the shallot, parsley, and chives. Put this in a mortar and pestle. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and the salt and pepper. Mush this fine to a coarse salsa.
- Start up your grill with the glowing charcoal a bit to the side. This way there aren’t any glowing embers directly under the meat. This is to prevent flare-ups.
- Trim the picanha by cutting off the loose bits on the outside and slicing of the silver skin. Next, you cut the picanha, with the grain, in 3-finger thick steaks.
- Fold the steaks in a U-shape so that the fat is on the outside. Take a large metal skewer and pin the steak through the fat cap on both sides.
- Season the steaks with coarse salt and grill them to a core temperature of 54°C (129F).
- Let the steaks rest for a couple of minutes before slicing in and serve them with the salsa verde.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.