Every top chef wants to serve a Kelly Bronze turkey in his restaurant. Unfortunately, they are limited, and not everyone can get them.I got one and cooked it easier and tastier than any other. No brining, no filling, no disassembly. Just good quality and great food.
- 1 piece Kelly Bronze turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel
- 50 gram butter
- 1 kg baby potatoes skin on
- 2 piece onion
- 8 piece carrots
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh
- 1 tbsp thyme fresh
- 1 tbsp sage fresh
- If it’s not already done by the poulterer, you take out all the leftover feathers and quills with some tweezers. Cut off the loose pieces of fat and skin.
- Pour some olive oil over the skin and sprinkle on fleur de sell.
- Cut the onions, celery, and the carrots. Put them in a large roasting pan with the potatoes, garlic and fresh herbs. Place a rack on top and put the turkey on the rack with the breast up.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature off 140°C/284°F. Put the turkey inside and close the lid. The turkey is ready when it reaches a core temperature of 65°C/149°F.
Calories: 1338kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 147gFat: 54gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 491mgSodium: 2689mgPotassium: 3055mgFiber: 11gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 21251IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 195mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.