Cooking pork belly is the easiest thing to do. You can grill it or cook it all the way to pulled pork. It’s all good. It’s a very forgiving piece of meat.But on the other hand, it isn’t the most flavorful piece of meat. So we’ve got a recipe to fix this. We made a Pepperoni stuffed pork belly.
- 1 piece Half side of pork belly
- 15 pieces sliced ham
- 30 pieces sliced pepperoni
- 300 grams Grated cheese
For the rub
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp Paprika powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Clean the pork belly and get rid of the bones and or cartilage. Or let your butcher take care of this.
- Mix the ingredients for the rub and sprinkle an even layer on both sides of the meat.
- Place the slices of ham on the inside of the pork belly, followed by pepperoni and grated cheese. Roll the pork belly up and tie it with some butchers twine.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 120°C/248°F and some smoke wood. Place the pork belly in the smoker till it reaches a core temperature of 65°C/149°F.
- Take the pork belly out and let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing into it.
Calories: 346kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 20gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 2310mgPotassium: 235mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2558IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 595mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!