Cooking pork belly is the easiest thing to do. You can grill it or cook it all the way to pulled pork. It’s all good. It’s a very forgiving piece of meat.
But on the other hand, it isn’t the most flavorful piece of meat. So we’ve got a recipe to fix this. We made a Pepperoni stuffed pork belly.
- Half side of pork belly
- 15 slices of ham
- 30 slices of pepperoni
- 300 gram of various grated cheeses
For the rub
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of paprika powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- Clean the pork belly and get rid of the bones and or cartilage. Or let your butcher take care of this.
- Mix the ingredients for the rub and sprinkle an even layer on both sides of the meat.
- Place the slices of ham on the inside of the pork belly, followed by pepperoni and grated cheese. Roll the pork belly up and tie it with some butchers twine.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 120°C (248F) and some smoke wood. Place the pork belly in the smoker till it reaches a core temperature of 65°C (149F).
- Take the pork belly out and let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing into it.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.