Whenever you find me on BBQ fairs cooking and running around like a lunatic, shouting and feeding the crowd i’m doing big platters of super incredible BBQ. In this case i did the ultimate BBQ Fish platter. I love tuna and salmon on the BBQ.This BBQ Tuna Salmon Platter is the perfect party sized feast with all the best flavors from our seas.
- 1200 grams tuna filet
- 800 grams salmon filet
- 500 grams seaweed nacho's
- 8 tbsp furikake mix
- 300 ml teriyaki glaze
- 150 grams caviar
- Fire up your Kamado Joe Big Joe with a medium amount of charcoal.
- Heat up your cast iron grill plate and soap stone. The reason that you need both is because you want to sear the tuna steaks at a hot temperature but let the salmon gradually come up to the right temperature.
- Place your salmon filet on the hot soap stone.
- Slice your tune into around 150 gram steaks. and place them on the searing hot grill plate.
- Grill your tuna untill that golden brown sear. You don't need it to be cooked on the inside. Highgrade tuna is at it's best when served seared on the outside and rare on the inside.
- Serve the tuna on a cutting board. Cover them in a Teriyaki glaze.
- Sprinkle on around 3 tablespoons of furikake on top of the tuna.
- Cover the tuna with seaweed nacho's.
- When the salmon is done you can easily pull flakes out with your fork. That's how you know.
- Place the salmon in it's whole on top of everything.
- Add around 1 cup of teriyaki glaze to the salmon along with 5 tbsp more of the furikake mix.
- Sprinkle on 150 grams of caviar by hand and your amazing fish platter is done.
Calories: 74kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 9gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 664mgPotassium: 201mgFiber: 0.01gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 67IUCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.