When you start out with your smoker a good pulled pork could be a very intimidating thing to make. You start setting the right temperature. you might want to set a couple of alarms and you let it smoke through the night. I’m here to show you everything I know about smoking a beautiful overnight pulled pork and taking away all that doubt that comes along with doing this for the first couple of times.The juiciest smoked pulled pork from your own smoker in a very long low and slow smoking session.
- Burnhard Flint Pelletsmoker
- Aluminium foil
- homemade Nutella shaker
- 4000 grams pork leg
- 1 Radler beer (lemon beer)
- 4 tbsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 125 ml orange juice
- 75 ml applecider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp fine salt
Pulled Pork Sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp Radler beer
- Take your big cut of pork on a cutting board and rub it all with 3 tbsp of mustard.
- Create a rub with a 4 tbsp of salt, 2 tbsp of paprika powder, 2 tbsp of onion powder and 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Cover the entire cut of pork with the BBQ rub.
- Create an injection mixture with orange juice, applecider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cane sugar and fine salt.
- Get it ready into an injection needle for meat and get as much of the mixture in your pork devided over the whole cut.
- Fire up your pelletsmoker and set it to smoke at around 100 degrees.
- Set your pork in the center on the grill grate,
- Let it smoke for around 5 hours along with a meater thermometer inside of the pork.
- Before you go to bed or after around 5 hours, check your smoker if the bark is drying out.
- If so; Take a bottle of Radler beer which is a lemon based summer beer and shake it a couple of times.
- Spray your beer all over the pork until all sides look moist again.
- Check your pellets and refill if it's neccesary.
- In the morning it's time to take off the pork. take a sheet of aluminium foil and wrap your pork in the foil.
- Place it back in the smoker, and check your pellets again.
- Raise the temperature to 135 degrees celcius. You want to boost the heat to go for that final stretch.
- When it hits a core temperature of 94 degrees celcius it's time to take it of and let it rest for at least an hour in a closed storage box or cooling box.
- Get your shredding claws out and behold the most fun part of this whole recipe.Pull everything apart and remove the occasionally bone out of the meat depending on the cut of pork you used.
- Serve on a bun with some sauce on top and that's how you can feed around 35 people with incredible delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
Calories: 117kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 14gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 1088mgPotassium: 273mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 217IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.